Thursday, June 6, 2013

Bear Scare Back On

If you recall, in an earlier post I mentioned the local "Bear Aware" signs posted around the neighborhood.  During my run yesterday I discovered the signs are back:
So I guess I'll continue to keep my garage doors closed.

My workouts have been going well.  I've been very consistent, doing whatever is scheduled for the day.  I swapped today's run with tomorrow's yoga because I needed the yoga.  Boy, did I.  Yesterday's run was hard because I was so tense and tired.  Today's half hour of gentle flow was just what my poor shoulders and hamstrings needed.  My body better get used to a beating, though, because I made the plunge this morning and registered for the American Discovery Trail half marathon.  This is the first race I've registered for in ... years?  Oy. 

My sugar detox is nothing but a faint memory.  Once the headaches and body aches cleared, I was a new woman.  The energy rebound I experienced was nothing short of profound.  Since I declared war on sugar, I haven't consumed a drop of soda or a crumb of candy, and I've greatly curbed my intake of processed stuff, like granola bars.  I still would love to purge on a bag of gummy bears, but I don't want to derail the progress I've made.  And I confess - my vanity is also enjoying the bit of weight loss I've experienced. 

Along those lines, I've been incredibly successful in cooking regular meals for my family.  I'm not much of a cook (as my HR-self would say, its an "area of development"), but I'm working on it.  Today I whipped up a batch of homemade granola.
Not bad, eh?  This is quite a feat considering my fondness for instant food.

Progress on all fronts from this lady.  Onward and upward, friends.




No comments:

Post a Comment