Thursday, May 23, 2013

Oh My Head. My Aching Head.

As a part of this getting healthy stuff, I started tracking my food intake.  I actually don't eat THAT bad, with one exception - sugar.  Oh my, the sugar.  I fully admit I have a sweet tooth ... I just didn't realize how bad it was.  I usually had a healthy serving of sugar in my morning coffee, I'd snack on sugary stuff throughout the day, then I'd indulge in a Dr. Pepper or the like around lunch.  I consistently found myself starving in the afternoon, but I had eaten plenty of calories.  What my body really wanted was more sugar.

So I gave it up.  I haven't had any refined sugar since Tuesday.  Part of me feels I should have done this at a rehab center because I am in pain, ya'll.  My head is throbbing.  Its hard to concentrate.  Last night I went to bed 2 hours earlier than normal because I crashed (but had an incredibly fitful night of sleep).  This morning I thought I was feeling a little better, but as the morning has progressed so has the headache and the body aches.  I had people warn me that sugar withdrawal would be rough, but damn.  I expected the temptation to be rough, not the physical symptoms.   The only positive I can say right now is that my tongue doesn't have that "ick" on it anymore. 

I've been told that the fourth day is drastically better.  Come on, Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment